Yes! We have some wonderful items in the Basket today. If you look closely in the background of this picture, you will see a certain feline creature having a lie down after bringing the basket over. Well, there were a lot of books there! The basket contains two lots of news –
One is about Luther Poets.
Founded by the late and much missed Bob Sheed, this group, I’m delighted to say, has now started up again. In these significant and cautious times, email is their main force of communication. Later plans will include outdoor meetings and a Zoom presentation.
Once versed(!) in this experience of poetry interaction, other poets will be invited to join. I for one, can’t wait.
The second piece of news (the Poetry Basket is full of it today!), is that The Richmond Shakespeare Society will be presenting an exciting production called Sunshine After Rain where Barbara Lee and Anne Warrington will be performing in a series of monologues and poetry, written by members of the society to celebrate the long summer solstice. Running Order on Friday 3rd July (7.45 – 9.15 approx).
- A LIFE PAUSE: WRITTEN AND PERFORMED BY BARBARA LEE
- THE MAGNA CHARTER: WRITTEN BY MARRIOTT EDGAR AND PERFORMED BY DEREK STRINGER
- A DALMATION DISASTER: WRITTEN BY JIM TRIMMER AND PERFORMED BY MURIEL KEECH
- AN EXTRACT FROM THE DRESSER: WRITTEN BY RONALD HARWOOD AND PERFORMED BY CHRIS HADDOCK
- THIRD CHILD: WRITTEN BY SUSAN CONTE AND PERFORMED BY LEA MASEBO
- THE LETTER: WRITTEN BY LYN RANDALL AND PERFORMED BY RACHEL BURNHAM
- GATHERING NECTAR: WRITTEN BY BEN FRANCIS AND PERFORMED BY FRANCIS ABBOTT
- LONG IN THE TOOTH: WRITTEN BY GENNI TRICKETT AND PERFORMED BY ANNE WARRINGTON
- STICKY WICKET: WRITTEN BY FRANCIS ABBOTT AND PERFORMED BY JIM TRIMMER
- BEASLEY AND THE PRINCESS MATILDA: WRITTEN AND PERFORMED BY KATE CLEELAND
Making Theatre in the Dark. will be available online via Zoom, which is free and simple to access via computer, laptop, phone or tablet. If you would like to watch or listen to any of the performances, please contact Harry Medawar at email@example.com